Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thinking, Joy, Korea, and Maggie Q.

Well, I’ve already started and erased the beginning of my blog about…4 times now…and seem to be struggling so let me start by saying happy new year 2012!  I can hardly believe the new year is here but to be honest…I’m relieved. After my post-Christmas depression (it’s a real thing guys. I go through it every year) slowly wore off as I stuffed all things Christmas into boxes to be put into the attic, I realized I once again get a fresh new start.  Every year on January 1st I think to myself “This year I’m going to do everything right and make it the best year ever!” and though when Dec 31st rolls around I realize just how much I did wrong during the year, I am still determined to make this year the best year ever! Sure I’ll face some sad times, some painful times and some hardships…but I still think I can make it a great year. Don’t you?  SO here are four “new years resolutions” to start the new year right!
1.      THINK:  I am very much an “I feel” person.  I am so easily swayed by my heart and though I do think that quality does make me, me I want to make more of an effort this year to just stop and think for a minute.  Whether it be to take a second (or a day) to cool down before talking to someone who hurt me, or taking an hour (or 10 days) to ponder whether that “in love” feeling that I have is purely infatuation…it’s time for me to start using the noggin that my God gave me. I will without a doubt still allow myself to feel, but I know I need to find a good balance between the two.
2.      Focus on the positives:  Though I don’t believe I’m a super duper negative person I think I really want to make a 100% effort to focus on the positives this year.  This could be the positives in a person (so not being nitpicky or judgmental), positives in school (how blessed I am to study what I love), positive about the future (Honestly, I can have the desires of my heart so I gotta have some hope) and just positives in every aspect of my life!  Oh even seeing the positives in myself (recognizing my strengths and acknowledging and understanding how to work on my weaknesses).
3.      Find joy in everything: I want to feel joy in absolutely everything!!!  I think things like past hurts, or school stress, or personal relationship hardships sometimes get me down but I really want to focus on the joy that life brings.  I want to find joy in studying, Find joy in who I have become, find joy in my hobbies (reading yay!) and find joy in every minute I get to spend with the ones I love and care so deeply for!  My life is such a joy!
4.      Voice it!  I am a very passive person and though I do sometimes say what I gotta say(not enough), a lot of times I bottle things up and try to sort things out myself. I want to work on letting people know where I stand in a helpful, healthy, effective way.  Maybe I need to put my foot down in an unhealthy relationship, or share with a close friend, my family or God about how I’m hurting…I must start voicing what’s going on in my head so that I don’t need to inwardly fight every battle bymyself.
So there are my four resolutions for the year:)   the start of this year has been...interesting to say the least but I know I can make it the best year yet and so can you!
For those of you that don’t know, my arch nemesis Ninjatuna is in fact moving to the “motherland” (that would be Korea) in about a month.  This is a person that I am used to having lunch with twice a week, talking to everyday, laughing with, venting to, getting frustrated with, joking with, studying with, teasing, watching movies with, singing in the car with and spending time with…so though I must admit I am really sad that he will be gone, I am so so so SO excited for what amazing new experiences Korea has in store for him!  Though I know it’s scary and you feel nervous, keep your mind and heart open: Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9.  Grow from it and be amazing!
Oh and for our avid fans…do not worry, we will continue to blog even with Ninjatuna gone away to Korea:)
Speaking of Ninjatuna...to read about flying cows, his resolutions and much more go to his blog!  It’s awesome!
http://thekrnjoo91.blogspot.com/
P.s. Maggie Q. is so very sexy and though she isn't in the new MI movie...I'd be her if I could be any character in an action flick!
Hot chicks can shoot guns too!

No comments:

Post a Comment